Monday 3 August 2015

Flying in Ager

So day one I just settled for a flight in the Ager valley due to instrument problems.  IF the PG shops open tomorrow I might buy another Compeo+ if they have one.

Today however with Gordon and the training groupies arriving we all fly a practice task.
Start Ager Camping 5km start
TP1 Sopeira 35Km
TP2 Benavent 40Km
TP3 Castekk de Mur 20Km
Goal Vilamitjana 8Km

Take Off at Ager (top of the ZigZag road) and Lake to the west of this huge south facing ridge
Climbing out after TP1 at the end of the lake
Over the GURP. No really thats its name! Turn point 2 is over the lake and on the far horizon which is another cliff face
Crossing the Lake after a long glide with nary a blip on the vario.  The red cliffs is an alternative route but having used it once I opted for the front route to the lower hills just behind the Goal field.

Far side of the lake and some week lift.  Nice view towards Tremp the local town.


Approaching Turn point 2

Crosisng another lake towards turnpoint 3.  Can you spot the hotel Terradets on the far side of the the lake?
Just before turnpoint 3. Sadly not in shot on any of  my photos....the glide had been 12 to 1 up untill then and I need 12.4 to make goal.  However as soon as I turned to Goal I was getting 22:1 which meant I would be coming in high. Oh Well....
Goal down there somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment