Friday 7 August 2015

Firmware oh yes!

So tried the firmware upgrade on the compeo this morning and it seemed to have done the trick so far.

Unfortunately couldn't get the Muvi camera to start continuous shot mode so no pictures yet again.

Highlights today were climbing over 10k twice including at the third turnpoint.  This gave me the height to go straight to the 4th turnpoint and get another corker to 10k.  This one had multiple vultures in the core as it was at the 'crater' /vulture rock.  Getting within 10 feet of these huge birds is awesome just wish I had some pictures to share.

I'm also pleased to report the my vultures were very gentlemanly and did not shit themselves right in front of me as reported by another pilot!

The second climb to 10k was an absolute corker over 8.6 up.  It had slowed to a mere 6.6 up at the inversion and convinced me to leave by throwing me weightless a couple of times.  Even better at 50mph I  managed to climb for about 2km along the ridge line whilst straight lining. From there direct to the turnpoint was easy.  Only stopping to mark some lift for the Carl and Luke still en-route to the final turnppoint before racing on to be first in goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment