Tuesday 6 August 2013

Ferro Rocha here we come

So yesterday's task was a 154 km race to the big hill nicknamed the ferro Rocha which is the most awesome ridge I've ever flown. What's more it's parting gift was the biggest smoothest 7.5 up to 10,500 feet that I have ever experienced.  Oh and it was nice and cool up there.
Wayne must have had the most bitter sweet of days having flown 95 miles he ended up 150 m short of the goal cylinder. Correction according to the scores he was 8m short. Blimey Wayne you should have just walked the last bit!
Andy and Paul are leaving me dead on the speed so I'm solidly in third place in the rigid comp.  Handy having all those flexwings around to mark the thermals. About the only time I'm sure of what to aim for and have the courage to go on a fast glide is when there is a good gaggle climbing ahead.
Results here: http://bhgcresults.wikidot.com/2013-nationals:results

Track log below:


No comments:

Post a Comment