Friday 19 July 2013

The scores on the doors

Laragne  2010 Practice 2 days Competition 3 days
St Andre 2011 Practice 2 days Competition 3 days
Annecy   2013 Practice 2 days Competition 5 days

So I've nearly doubled my mountain airtime although there's no sign yet of my decision making improving.

I am definitely struggling to read the brauniger on the uprights thanks to the vari-focal glasses. Without an instrument on the basebar I definitely lost track of the course order. I think a piece of tape on the basebar to draw the course outline and TP numbers on might help my overloaded memory.

Time for the PDA and SeeYou to come out of retirement as XCSoar failed to automatically switch between turn points.

Gloves were an issue once I went back to ski gloves I twice aborted the active TP trying to switch to the map view or the other glide pages.

And finally fitness.  My left arm was nearly dead and useless at the end of several of the flights with a severe ache in the joint.  Dieting my be good for weight loss but I need to spend more time in the gym as I seem to have lost as much muscle as fat.

1 comment:

  1. If you've still got the task file and IGC file from the flight where the problem occurred, it would be useful if you could please upload it with a bug report at http://bugs.xcsoar.org/newticket

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete